Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSPB involved in Crow cull
A case of humans and their "science" thinking their ideas are best again.....
Mother Nature has been there a heck of a lot longer than their level of thinking.

Here we go again with Larsen traps. When will people realise these traps are the most horrible way of managing any species of bird? The law says food and water must be provided in the trap to make them legal.
Do they think the wild bird captured has any interest in food and water?? No. They tear their faces, necks and beaks desperately trying to escape -and most often from dawn until dusk, by which time they are exhausted, frantic, near to collapse, and desperately dehydrated and starved.....Then they have nothing to look forward to besides being killed by the "gamekeeper" (and probably not even shot cleanly.)

I have found dead ones in these traps with the most awful injuries. And I have freed many with torn and bloody beaks and faces. (Nothing I could do for their injuries. All I could do was release them and then destroy the trap beyond recognition.)

I am horrified RSPB has decided this Eurasian Curlew warrants such a terrible country-wide cruelty.

I don't donate to the RSPB. I give to other worthy causes from time to time, and to my local animal rescue and wildlife rescue. But if I did give to the RSPB , I would cancel my donations at this point.

Messages In This Thread
RSPB involved in Crow cull - by Catherine - 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: RSPB involved in Crow cull - by Tobi - 08-21-2018, 04:05 AM
RE: RSPB involved in Crow cull - by Catherine - 08-21-2018, 03:23 PM
RE: RSPB involved in Crow cull - by Tobi - 08-24-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: RSPB involved in Crow cull - by Catherine - 08-24-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: RSPB involved in Crow cull - by LPC - 08-24-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: RSPB involved in Crow cull - by Catherine - 08-25-2018, 05:27 PM