Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell to Rosie Pine Snake and Cinnamon the guinea pig
In the early morning, Rosie Pine died quietly. I have know for weeks that the end was near. He was nine and he has been with me since he was a baby. I will miss him, but it must be very hard for Daniel Pine snake. I got her as a baby and I let her choose Rosie from a litter of pink pine snakes. They have spent their whole lives together. She is resting in the spot where he died.
I check on her regularly, but I am letting her grieve in peace.

[Image: grsIgb2pwf4M90-O8Acso2kssqssk2pHvmtvFYp2...=w490-h275]This is a typical picture of the two of them together. They were always wrapped around each other. It is going to seem so funny not to see the two of them together.

I came home from work tonight and discovered Cinnamon my little guinea pig had died. She is older and she was losing weight and fading away. This morning she was at the food dish and the last time I saw her she was happily munching on a piece of cucumber. She was lying there very peaceful looking so it must have been a stroke in her sleep or something like that.
[Image: m58cTmMjefaIgeMG-1E5kcCr4e5PNBzCc8iH0FKu...=w502-h275]Cinnamon is the one on the left. She was happy with Biscuit. They were comfortable together. Guinea pigs like to be in herds.
[Image: dHvqWBVkzBx-ZLrKP_4R5LtlG3_lcmWPWWSA4X1o...=w398-h275]Here she is with the Muffin.

I am sewing all new blankets for the guinea pigs. She got to sleep on the new under blanket, but I was going to make a special sleeping pad and pillows for her. Sadly she will never get to use them.
She was a quiet little girl, but she will be missed. She had a quiet presence. I know Biscuit and Muffin will miss her as a snuggling companion.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that Rosie and Cinnamon have both passed. I send you my condolences. Run free on astral fields, dear Rosie and Cinnamon!
Blessings to them both. Rosie Pine Snake, and little Cinnamon.

Kind thoughts to you, and to Daniel who must miss Rosie very much Heart
Thank-you for the kind thought.

Biscuit and Muffin are  snuggling together and they are okay. They knew Cinnamon was dying. I am glad they have each other.

Daniel Pine is quiet. I gave her a good soak and cleaned her tank and spent some time with her. 
I have an older Gopher snake male who is alone. The two are the same size and are very similar species. I might try introducing them. If they could live together they both wouldn't be alone.
I just don't know if it would work. If I  fed them both late tonight I would be home tomorrow and Monday to work out the introductions.  I will let you know if it works out.
I feel bad watching Daniel all alone after she had such a good life with Rosie.
Catherine

I'm so sorry for the loss of Rosie and Cinnamon. It's always hard to lose some of our pet family. Will you get another snake for Daniel to be with?

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you Ruth for your kind thoughts. Daniel Pine  is almost 9 years old. I do have an older Gopher Snake. Jasper is around 10-11 years. Gopher Snakes and Pine Snakes are very closely related. They are the same size and Daniel is female and Jasper is male. So I introduced them and they are very happy together. Jasper lost his mate a year ago so I have made him happy and Danny happy. It was the perfect solution for both of them.
Catherine