Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good animal movies ?
"Hachi -a Dog's Tale" has to be my favourite too. I particularly like the very end...
I watched a Japanese version with English subtitles, and actually preferred it to the one with Richard Gere. But they are both good.

Here's a link to "Hachiko -a Dog's Tale" on You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vpHNFjf4w
I did not know there was a version with Richard Gere.  I haven't seen A Dog's Purpose or Hachi-A Dog's Tale. Until I have seen all three movies it is hard  to comment. I loved Marley and Me, but I might also love the other two movies. I will let you know.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well...I had to watch Hachi again of course! And ended up in tears.   Old dog waiting ten years for the five o clock train....
They never forget us. Their love is so strong. I am glad the station where it really happened has put up a statue to Hachiko.

I like Richard Gere for his interest in the suppressed Tibetan people. He also looks a lot like my husband who passed, bless his Soul.
The story is touching.  The idea of a dog waiting for ten years for someone is incredible. I like the ide that they put up a statue. It is fitting. In some way Hachi will wait forever. I wish they could do a statue of the man as well so we could see them united at last.

I shall look up the Richard Gere version. I am sure it is easy to find.
I really want to watch A Dog's Purpose. I know it is a good movie and I am sure I will enjoy it.

You know what animated animal movies were fun? The Ice age series! I know they are cartoon characters, but they were funny and they represented animals. I loved Scrat. He was always creating problems for himself and everyone else in his obsession with acorns. You have to laugh at his antics.
Catherine

(10-03-2018, 03:01 AM)Tobi Wrote: "Hachi -a Dog's Tale" has to be my favourite too. I particularly like the very end...
I watched a Japanese version with English subtitles, and actually preferred it to the one with Richard Gere. But they are both good.

(10-03-2018, 03:34 PM)Catherine Wrote: I did not know there was a version with Richard Gere.  I haven't seen A Dog's Purpose or Hachi-A Dog's Tale. Until I have seen all three movies it is hard  to comment. I loved Marley and Me, but I might also love the other two movies. I will let you know.

Actually i saw the version with Richard Gere only and i think maybe this should be the better one than the Japanese version which i have not seen. I do want to see the Japanese version. Not only the version with Richard Gere is most likely the best dog movie but also it has some beautiful music which gets played in the background almost through half of the movie. I'm a great fan of musics and have collected different musics from different things. There is particularly 2 different tracks i liked from this movie, i heard it multiple times and added it to my collection.

Recently i saw 'The Black Stallion', 'Lassie' and 'War Horse'. All those 3 movies were fine. There are some scenes of battles of world war in 'War Horse' . I'm not much into action movies but the scenes of the boy caring for a horse and finally claiming it in the end in 'War Horse' was nice. This horse gets different owners for short time throughout this movie and i wondered in reality how much frustrated an animal could be if it has to get several owners ?
War horse is well done and I guess the point is that the boy and the horse do not want to be separated. 
I think the actual stage version is more dramatic. They use puppet horses on stage, but they are life sized and it is very effective. 

The other movies I would have to see to compare them. I like music from movies, but the Japanese version might have some features that make it worth watching. There might be some cultural subtleties in the Japanese version. However I like Richard Gere so watching his version would be good. He is a fine looking actor and he does do things very well. I want to see both.

I liked the Black Stallion, but I had already read all the books in the series so it was a familiar story.

If I can just find some time I have movies to watch.
Catherine

Hachiko: A dog's tale is my favorite movie about animals. I cried so much when I saw the 9 year old dog, 9 months and 15 days waiting for Ueno professor never to return. Hachiko, my big love. From that movie, I managed to breed Akita. And indeed, their character, their emotions are so. I send people to see the images of my modern Hachiko dogs so that everyone can see my happiness. I love Hachiko
[Image: Ch%C3%BA_ch%C3%B3_Akita_Inu_tr%E1%BA%AFn...A0_Nga.jpg]

[Image: Ch%C3%BA_ch%C3%B3_Akita_Inu_kabi_-_Dogil...00x400.jpg]

[Image: Vi_d%C5%A9ng-768x512.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A warm welcome to the forum, dogily! Smile

If you wish, please do go to our Introductions thread, and introduce yourself, and tell us about any animals you have.
Welcome to the forum. Your dogs are beautiful.

We all have cried over the Hachiko movie. It is a beautiful story of a dog's love and devotion. Dogs are special and they are capable of doing good things. You are lucky to have such beautiful dogs in your life.
Catherine