Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do these things never happen to me?
A woman woke up with a ball python in her bed and she doesn't even own a snake. The article calls it an African Python or a Royal Python. It is just a plan ordinary Ball Python. It is clearly an escaped pet. It got in bed with her because it was cold. It should be under a heat lamp or sleeping with a heating pad. The snake was sleeping. All she had to do was calmly put it in a pillow case and tie a knot in the pillow case. That would have solved the whole thing right on the spot. Running away was silly. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07...ngton-bed/

It was a fairly young snake and they are really harmless. They are quite docile and they get the name Ball Python because they  curl up in a ball and hide their heads if they get scared.  
Chances are the snake belongs to someone in her building. The snake is not going to have traveled too far from home.
If the snake doesn't find its way home, I hope it can find a good adoptive home. It probably has almost 20 years of life  ahead of it and it deserves a good home.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have woken up to one of my corns curled up on my chest before, I think her enclosure door wasn't quite fully shut and she managed to work it open during the night. If i'm honest, that was a fairly scary experience for me considering Eddy associates me strongly with food and although she's very tame (can pet her on the head), she also tries to eat me lol. I've been letting her out daily and every night without fail at around 9pm she comes out and sits in wait in my bed lol. My others are nothing like her, she's a quirky personality.

Typically speaking though, corns and royals/balls are reluctant biters and do it only as a last resort. In the UK they are known as Royal Pythons as their latin name (Python regius) literally translates to "Royal python". It looks like the article calls it more generically an African Python because specific species has already been established so I think they only say it to insert more information about the snake "species of African decent" while being concise, they're not wrong calling it an African or Royal python in the context they say it.
I always used to wake up to hamsters on the bed. I have no hamsters now. Somehow the corn snakes are not interested in getting into  bed with me. I have had one come and visit me while I am busy on my  computer.

I think the different names are common in different locations. No one here calls them royal pythons. They are always called ball pythons. I have never heard them called African Pythons, but it is true if a little less specific than ball python.

I would love to know where the snake came from.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine