Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toronto raccoons in the kitchen
Toronto has a real ongoing love/hate relationship with its many raccoons. Love them or hate them they provide us with many interesting stories.
This time a woman hear noises in he kitchen and found three raccoons eating her bread. Two of them left, but the third one stayed until he had eaten everything. He considered the home owner to be an annoyance, but not a threat.

/www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/09/19/raccoons-bust-into-toronto-womans-home-stare-her-down-while-defiantly-eating-her-bread.html

Toronto raccoons don't so much disrespect us as they totally disregard us. They walk through screens any time they want.
They help themselves to food any time they want. Her bread was good so the raccoon stayed until he was full.
They open frigs, cupboards, packages and jars. Their little raccoon hands easily remove jar lids. 

I don't open my windows wide enough for a raccoon to get in. Lots of times I see them looking in. 
No one she called came to her rescue. Raccoon incidents are just way too common.
Love them or hate them we just have to learn to live with them. They live here too and they are as much a part of Toronto as anyone else..….and a lot less annoying than some politicians that we have to deal with.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I some areas we have the same problem with possums.
That is funny that you have trouble with possums the way we have trouble with raccoons. Possums arrived here a few years back. They are still establishing themselves. Does that mean in a few years we are going to have trouble with both.
I don't think I am going to tell anyone. Some people are just barely coping with the raccoons.

The city declared war on raccoons and it is not going well.
[u][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcazCK16RqyQ2IXED0wdi...NbQrUk2DRA][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5SH_5EfbdASpzZe5H9LH...hkO0Z-4G-g][/u]
Our Composting program is a raccoon banquet
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHxuXZoIoaELiHPon9S-8...y_Pd7CPbBg]
I want this mug.

I love the raccoons. They keep us tidy and they are funny.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine