Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've lost Bob the Sloth
Sadly, Bob, the sloth at the Toronto Zoo has had to be euthanized because of serious health issues.  Bob was always a very fine animal and I shall miss seeing him.

www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/09/29/toronto-zoos-bob-the-sloth-euthanized-over-persistent-medical-issues.html

I am not sure what a sloth life span is, but Bob did have 7 good years. I understand that his health issues were very serious and he wouldn't have recovered. He will be missed, but I am glad he had a peaceful end.

Bob was housed with the Marmosets and in the winter he let them climb in his box and snuggle up to him. He was like a fuzzy electric blanket for them. I am sure they will miss Bob.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dear Bob, bless him. People will miss him, and so will the little Marmosets. Who knows how much they love him?
He sounds like a lovely warm-hearted character.
Blessings to you in the next world, Bob. Heart
When you have watched the zoo animals as much as I have you feel close to them. Bob was cute and he was content. I wish he had lived longer, but he was happy with the time he had. 

Bye Bye Bob. I would say run free, but Bob was a sloth. Take your time Bob there is no rush.
Catherine

R.I.P. Bob the sloth.
Thank-you. Bob was a good guy. Heart
Catherine

Bless the BOB