Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injured Bald Eagle survives surgery and has a new home
Eagle 450 or Buddy as he is affectionately known, was probably hit by a car. There was spinal damage and he ended up at the Atlantic Veterinary College in Charlottetown PEI. They did surgery on his spine and he can now walk. Sadly there are some long term injuries and Buddy cannot be released to the wild.
Hope For Wildlife in Nova Scotia built a new enclosure for Buddy. Staff and students of the vet college drove Buddy to Nova Scotia to help him settle into his new home. When he is ready, the public will be allowed to see him. Hopefully Buddy can educate people about the danger of cars for birds. A little caution when driving could prevent injury to birds like Buddy. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-ed...-1.6706076

This is the best outcome that Buddy could possibly have once he was injured. It is amazing the surgery worked. It was complicated. I am glad they were able to place him somewhere where he can live a good life and he can also educate people about dangers birds face from people and their cars.
I know it would be better if Buddy were flying free and we could see him in the distance. It would be better if he had not been injured. 
It happened, so this is making the best life possible for Buddy. I wish him many good years.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine