Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish and Game Commissioner resigns over hunting photos
The Idaho Fish and Game Commissioner was forced to resign over hunting photos. He took a trip to Namibia and killed a number of animals. He then emailed the pictures to a number of people. In one picture he poses with a whole family of baboons that he had killed. One of the dead baboons is a baby. In each picture he is grinning widely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/us/id...frica.html

Former Fish and Game Commissioners objected to his actions. When they complained to the Governor they pointed out that Blake Fischer showed a lack of good judgement.
Former Commissioner Fred Trevey summed it up perfectly.
“I’m sure what you did was legal, however, legal does not make it right,” 
The Governor asked for his resignation and got it.

I can't see how someone who does trophy hunting is suitable as a Fish and Game Commissioner. 
He clearly has an inappropriate attitude towards animals. He is proud of killing a whole family of baboons. I wouldn't even want that guy picking up my garbage.

I am impressed by how fast this was resolved and how fast the other commissioners acted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

From the article: "I did not display an appropriate level of sportsmanship and respect for the animals I harvested."

Harvested?! Harvesting implies that the items are grown to be eaten (as in "Harvest festival"). But in this case, he had no intention of eating baboons, leopards, etc. It was pure killing for pleasure. That's one sick man....
Quote: Harvested?! Harvesting implies that the items are grown to be eaten (as in "Harvest festival"). But in this case, he had no intention of eating baboons, leopards, etc. It was pure killing for pleasure. That's one sick man....

He killed a family of baboons. There was a baby and its mother. How sick do you have to be to kill a mother and baby and then grin about it. 

They were right to make him resign. A man like that should not be in a responsible position with regards to animals.
I think whatever he was like at home, we saw his true nature in those pictures. 

That may be one of the best things about the internet and social media. People can't resist posting and emailing things they have done. We get to know people as they really are.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine