Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Control officer abandons sick kitten in the woods
It is actually worse than it sounds. The animal control officer was called in when a sick kitten was found on the road. He took the kitten and then drove thirty miles out into the woods and left the kitten there. Rescuers have tried to find it, but no luck.
The kitten almost certainly died. 

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/anim...-to-woods/

This officer has received some re-education and nothing else. He should be charged with animal abandonment and he should lose his job. He is hardly suitable as an animal control officer. He showed no concern for the welfare of the kitten.

All we can hope for is that the kitten didn't suffer too much. Alone, frightened and sick in the woods, it is too much to hope its death was peaceful.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is shocking and terribly sad.
I honestly don't know how that officer could even contemplate doing that! But that person should certainly not be working with animals that need help.

I signed the letter and it sent.
I think half the trouble is that in America such people are called animal control officers, not animal welfare officers. That gives them a power complex, leaving them thinking that they have control over animals, rather than looking after their welfare.

A very sad story, indeed.
That is exactly what I was thinking a few minutes ago, LPC.
They have lost all focus. Maybe the word control really is an issue. Here a similar agency is called Animal Services. They are a caring committed group of people. I can't picture any of them leaving a kitten in the woods.

The man is nasty. Who would even think about doing that to a kitten.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine