Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me -covered with fur!
Tonight I learned an odd thing about me!
I spoke to my aunt on the telephone, and in passing she said "When you were born, you were covered in golden fur."
(!)
I asked her if she was joking -and she said she wasn't. Didn't I know? The whole family was quite shocked at the time but still loved me.

No, I didn't know that before! Apparently the fur disappeared after a week or so.
We live and learn....How very strange. That has to be a very weird thing about Tobi!
Smiley52
I have heard of that. Some babies are born with fur.
I looked up an article about it since I couldn't remember the details.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/07/...naked_ape/

That makes you kind of special. Heart You are living proof that we really are family to our animal brothers and sisters. The rest of us lost our fur before birth.

How interesting that your aunt would remember and tell you.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How sweet!
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Haha! Yes I think it is quite sweet too. No wonder I feel Misty is my sister!

My Mother never told me that. So last night, talking to my aunt, was the first I'd heard of it!

I still have a little of that golden fur on my arms which shows up more in the summer when a tan comes. But nowhere else any more...

I think all species of mammal, including humans, share more than 99.5% DNA anyway (? Something like that...If anyone knows the exact number, please add a comment.)

Just goes to show....they really ARE our sisters and brothers.
Truthfully, we have 50% of our DNA in common with plants. If we didn't we couldn't eat them. No matter how you look at it we are the same family with the whole planet. We are just so much closer to the great apes.

All humans are 99.9% identical to all other humans.
We are 98% the same as gorillas and 99% the same as chimpanzees.

Of course they are still studying this and it may be different, but I don't think anyone can deny that we have a lot in common with our primate cousins.

Now you have me wondering if I had hair at birth. I suppose if I did someone would have told me. But then you only just found out.
Catherine

Very interesting, Tobi! Perhaps the fact that you have only learned about this recently from your aunt has some significance? You don't need me to point the poignancy of the message....you know that already! 61
It's intriguing for sure.
As a very young child, I was obsessed with dogs too! I would point up into the sky, or up to roof-tops and shout "BOW-WOW!" and giggle. We had no dog at that time.
About age 4-5 I had an invisible dog-friend. I have no idea what he/she looked like (can't remember) but it caused some amusement and occasionally, embarrassment -as I would refuse to get off buses 'until my dog had got off." And many a bus was stopped in its tracks by me and my invisible friend!

My first dog-encounter (in this world, at least)was with a police working-dog named Sheba. I liked her, and she was very gentle with me. My uncle was her handler.

We did get a dog when I was 7.

I can't help thinking the 'fur' was something to do with dogs....which I brought through into my life here! Though what -is a mystery.
It may be a mystery, but one thing is clear, you feel a bond with animals, especially dogs.
So many people make a point of saying we are not like animals because we do not have fur. You are proof that we have fur. Most of us lose it before birth, but we do have it.

You had an imaginary dog. I had an imaginary lion. I didn't take him out though. Of course being out in the country I didn't get to ride a lot of buses either as a small child.

I bet you were thrilled when you got a dog. What was he like?
Catherine

(03-10-2014, 01:22 AM)Tobi Wrote: It's intriguing for sure.
As a very young child, I was obsessed with dogs too! I would point up into the sky, or up to roof-tops and shout "BOW-WOW!" and giggle. We had no dog at that time.
About age 4-5 I had an invisible dog-friend. I have no idea what he/she looked like (can't remember) but it caused some amusement and occasionally, embarrassment -as I would refuse to get off buses 'until my dog had got off." And many a bus was stopped in its tracks by me and my invisible friend!

My first dog-encounter (in this world, at least)was with a police working-dog named Sheba. I liked her, and she was very gentle with me. My uncle was her handler.

We did get a dog when I was 7.

I can't help thinking the 'fur' was something to do with dogs....which I brought through into my life here! Though what -is a mystery.

You do seem to me to be too spiritually advanced to be a 'new soul'...

Though the next spiritually evolutionary step of an advanced animal soul would be the opportunity to incarnate in human form.
Many animals do exemplify great spiritual qualities - selfless love and so forth. Maybe ...
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Tobi is very advanced spiritually, and she has a strong affinity with dogs (and all animals for that matter). She knows her course.

Some animals (especially domestic pets) are more spiritually advanced than some humans, for the reason that they have learned the ultimate lesson - that of unconditional love. The Noble Knight has rightly reminded us of that. My own astral experiences confirm it. Many humans, sadly, have not yet learned to love unconditionally. We like to think that we are "superior", but really we are just another species which has a lot to learn.

So Tobi - be proud of that fur you had as a baby!