Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescuing baby ducks trapped in a pool
This is such a cute rescue. The baby ducks are in a pool and they can't get up the steep sides. Mama duck does everything she can, but she can't get her brood out of the pool. With a little human help they are saved, but not until they have paniced and got themselves even more stuck.

https://youtu.be/62FvKC62rus

How do baby ducks get themselves in so many tough spots? There are always baby ducks needing rescue. This was a happy one where all were rescued. Every year we read about ducks stuck in odd places. Somehow someone always comes along and rescues them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Baby Ducks probably over-estimate how big and strong they are! Smiley4  Also they follow Mum around so probably think they can do what she does!
Thank goodness someone could help them up that difficult bit!
Every year we find stories about baby ducks in odd places. I think mama ducks put their nests in odd places sometimes  or they lead the ducklings into places like pools. Mama can fly so she can get out, but the babies are stuck. They also seem to fall down holes like storm drains.  I wonder how many baby ducks get rescued every year. I bet it is hundreds. Most are never posted anywhere.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine