Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gnu Attacked By Crocodile...
I hadn't seen that web page before, Noble Knight! It has all your favourite quotes in one place. I will bookmark it.
I am glad you brought the whole story to our attention.

There are so many interesting things happening. When I hear about something like this it just makes the whole world seem a little better, a little safer.
And who can forget the sight of the hippo arriving when all seemed to be lost for the Gnu. Even better the other hippos joined her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Funnily enough I remember reading a very similar story in a Compassion In World Farming magazine nearly 30 years ago when I first got into Animal Rights.
If I remember correctly the hippo rescued the animal, guided it to the riverbank and out of the water, and gently helped it to stand by raising it up with its nose.

A good lot those hippos!
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Funny we never hear good things about hippos. I understood that they were quite aggressive and dangerous. Maybe they are if you are hurting another animal.
As you say, a good lot those hippos.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine