Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing Rosie Pine Snake.
I have had Rosie and Daniel Pine snakes since they were babies almost ten years ago. Daniel picked Rosie from a litter of pine snakes. 

[Image: SHaScxJt_tZKrBL8g9pAgBt6fiZWI3472u_Dhu39...=w155-h275]
They are very close. They grew up together.

[Image: IMG_5595.JPG?psid=1&width=303&height=227]
Daniel and Rosie as babies together.

[Image: IMG_5704.JPG?psid=1&width=886&height=665]
The two of them in their house together.

[Image: IMG_5627.JPG?psid=1&width=886&height=665]
It is hard to believe Rosie was ever that small. He is seven feet long now.

[Image: P-jsHM9gfPBeUs4KHT1Li95I1CFufVM-UOgVu9z5...=w155-h275]You can see how thin he is. He has been eating the exact same amount as Daniel and still losing weight.
His brother Lefty died the same way last year. It seems this colour isn't the strongest. 

I keep looking for signs that he will improve, but once they start to fail like this the end is inevitable. I think Daniel pine knows. I feel so bad for her. Rosie has been her whole life. Smiley19 

Life is short. Sometimes it is hard to accept that.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Aw Catherine! I have only just seen your post about Rosie. I wrote to you a few minutes ago, and didn't mention Rosie because I didn't know.

Yes she is quite thin. Bless her Soul. Maybe it is getting close to her time for leaving....
Keep us posted. Heart
Daniel is eating well and looks so healthy. Rosie is fading away a bit every day. The two of them are curled around each other  most of the time. I don't know how long it will take, but I am sure that it is only a matter of time. It seems like it was just yesterday that Rosie and Daniel were babies.
Catherine

Oh, I'm very sorry to read this, Catherine. May Rosie's passing, when it comes, be calm and painless. It will be tough for Daniel, but you are there to look after her, so she will not be alone.

Please keep us updated.
Thank-you for your kind thoughts. 
Rosie is fading a little bit every day. Daniel is staying very close. On Sunday Rosie wanted to eat and he tried, but he just can't do it. When the body is failing there is no need for food. Rosie is very tired and Daniel is doing everything to make him feel safe and comfortable.

I will keep you posted. I have no idea how long it will take.
Catherine

Kind thougts to little Rosie.
Stopping eating is usually a sign, with any creature and human too, that the end is not far off. Yes the body starts to shut down, so food isn't needed.
So sorry to read this Catherine.
Rosie has been a strong healthy snake and it is a slow process for the body of a reptile to shut down. Daniel and I are watching him die a little every day. It is beautiful how devoted Daniel is. It is only a matter of time now. I have learned to recognize the signs of a snake dying. It is odd, but like us, snakes don't all age at the same rate. Daniel is still strong and healthy.
Rosie has been such a beautiful snake and so gentle. He will be missed.
Catherine