Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seals with eels stuck up their noses
Is it my imagination or is the news getting weirder all the time. Apparently this is a new thing. They have been finding Hawaiian monk seals with dead eels stuck in their noses. They have no idea how this could have happened. There are some theories, but so far no proof. After an eel removal procedure the seal seems to be fine.

www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.4936736/researchers-don-t-know-why-seals-are-getting-eels-stuck-in-their-noses-1.4936743

I got nothing. I can't blame this on global warming or plastics in the oceans. It is just something weird that is happening and we don't know why.
The theory that the seal snorted the eel out of its nose seems a little bit of a stretch. You have to admit the picture is funny.
The whole thing is funny. The seal didn't seem to care. Maybe this happens and we just haven't seen it before. I would love to know the whole story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How mysterious!
I can't even hazard a guess as to how this happened....it is very strange. But it's important too. The Seals may have their breathing impaired.
I don't know if there is a reason this is happening. It may be the oddest thing we see all year. Why isn't the seal concerned? It seems totally calm about the whole thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine