Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Homosexuality
This documentary is fascinating. It explores homosexuality among animals, which is far more commonplace than we probably know. From Deer, to Killer Whales and Dolphins, same-sex pair bonding happens quite frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5N34Q1Bio

I did not know this about animals!
I am going to watch this right now. I am feeding my snakes and I can pause it when they need my time and then I can come back to it. I am very interested to see what they have to say on the subject.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes I forgot to say, the video is 52 minutes long. But very well done.
I am partway through and I can see that scientists let their preconceived notions dictate what they observed. 
These observations are going to change how we see life and interactions.
We already know there is a species of lizards that has no males and yet they lay eggs and survive. There are species where the individual is both male and female at the same time. Things are not as simple as we thought.

Thirty  Minutes later:  That is an amazing documentary. It opens up a who new perspective on animal behavior, sexuality and social bonds. We are not even close to understanding things. Too much of our understanding has been based on what we believed was the truth. Now we need to actually start observing and finding out what really goes on. The future of studying animal behavior is going to be very exciting.
Catherine

Yes, animals are far more complex than we realise.
The more we live and learn, the more we find out about animals....their social bonds, their sexuality, their intelligence and thinking, and their Souls!
Nothing is ever as the scientists imagined it to be!
Years ago I knew someone who was determined to prove that "human love" is different from animal sex because humans mate face to face. He wanted to prove that no other animals do that. It is not true.  The Bonobos in the documentary prove him wrong.
My observation of snakes is that they line up their faces together and then coil around each other. I don't know all snake species, but the ones I know seem very considerate of each other. 

It was a case of someone wanted to use animals to prove what he wanted to be true. It just didn't work even 40+ years ago.
Science should be about observing not trying to prove a point.
Catherine