Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly Christmas sweaters for pets
I am not sure I understand this whole thing about ugly Christmas sweaters, but they are popular. You can now get sweaters for your pets, even guinea pigs.

https://people.com/pets/pet-ugly-holiday-sweaters/

They do have a certain cuteness and appeal. I am just wondering how they actually got a sweater on a guinea pig and how did they keep the piggie from eating it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sometime in the 80s I wore an "ugly" Christmas sweater right up until May! People laughed at me. It had fir trees and reindeer on it. I thought it was lovely! Then it stretched and I didn't fit in it any more, and now it is deceased but I have no idea where it went....

There's no such thing as an ugly Christmas sweater. It's in the eye of the beholder.

I have reindeer/pine tree leggings in black and white which I wear any time.

Animals don't care about fashion. But they might appreciate a sweater if they were cold!
I don't know why they call them ugly. Some are funny and almost make fun of Christmas images, but they all have a certain charm. 
 I think your leggings sound very stylish and they would be warm. 
I liked the guinea pig sweaters. I think in the winter some piggies would love a sweater. When they get old their fur is thin. 
 I know dogs seem to wear their sweaters with pride. I am not sure cats like sweaters, but they would not mind a Christmas sweater  any more than any other sweater.

I think it would be great to have a sweater that matches your dog's sweater.

Maybe it is time I knit my snakes some Christmas sweaters. All I need is a straight tube with the right colours. Make it look like a candy cane ant it would be perfect.

You are right, ugly and beautiful are in the eye of the beholder.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine