Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada Goose Company kills animals
The big company that makes the expensive Canada Goose coats kills a lot of animals in the process. They  trap and kill coyotes for the fur trim. They raise and slaughter geese for down to fill the coats. For each coat there are a number of deaths.
When I sit on the subway in the winter surrounded by people wearing Canada Goose coats, I know I am surrounded by dead coyotes and dead geese. 

Peta has a campaign against Canada Goose and is encouraging people to choose cruelty free alternatives.

https://www.peta.org/blog/canada-goose-kills-day/

There are cruelty free alternatives. I wear a big puffy winter coat just like everyone else. My puffy filling is polyester and it is warm and washable and no geese died to make my coat. My hood has a nice "furry" trim, but it is all synthetic and no coyote died to make it and it is washable.

It is better in two ways. It is cruelty free and it doesn't need dry cleaning which is an environmentally friendly choice.
When I go out in the morning I am not taking a dead animal with me wherever I go.

SO PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND HELP US STOP THIS.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Signed. What about a temporary boycott in Canada?
Sadly I don't think Canadians will boycott Canada Goose. There are fake Canada Goose products on the market and people who can't afford the real thing will  buy the fake. People who never go outside except to walk from their house to their car will still wear a full Canada Goose parka. I know someone with a Canada Goose parka who complained that it was seldom cold enough to wear it.  People with the fakes don't have that problem.

We have an uphill fight if we are going to stop Canada Goose. We have more chance of getting them to stop using fur that we have of getting Canadians to stop wearing the coats.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine