Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argon the therapy dog works at a homeless shelter
A homeless shelter in Montreal got the idea to bring in a therapy dog. They approached the Mira Foundation, a group that trains therapy and guide dogs. Argon, a Labrador/Bernese mountain dog mix was chosen. His personality fit the job and his presence is transforming lives.

www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-therapy-dog-is-like-family-at-this-homeless-shelter-in-montreal/

Bringing a dog into a homeless shelter is a brilliant idea. Dogs have a powerful effect on people. Argon is able to reach people whose lives and hopes are gone. He gives them his love and respect and they respond to it. I think this is yet another case where the presence of a dog can change things for the better. Think of stressful situations and circumstances and then think a dog into the picture. Suddenly it is not so stressful. I think we feel better about ourselves when there is a dog around and we want to behave better. Having that influence in a homeless shelter can only make things better.

I hope other shelters take note and consider bringing in therapy dogs. I wish there were dogs in a lot of places. Maybe the world would run smoother.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine