Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treacle and Family have left
Treacle, her three kits and her mom Leona, are now on their way to their new home in Scotland. I will wait patiently for news that they have arrived safely. I will miss them a lot but I am happy that they are going to a good home.

My daughter got very upset again when it was time for them to go. She knew they were going yet she wept buckets in front of the man collecting them. He said to me that he felt guilty for taking them. I told him not to be and that she is like this every time an animal has to leave for a new home. I think she will have to say her goodbyes earlier and not come down the shed when people come to collect.
Hard as it is to let them go, it sounds like they are going to a perfect home. They get to be together and I am sure they will be much loved.
Anyone who will go to the trouble of shipping them that far must really want them.
I feel for your daughter. Some people just don't like partings. It is hard to say goodbye. Maybe it is actually seeing them go that is so emotional for her. Saying goodbye earlier would be less stressful.

I am sure she will love the new little bunnies and will enjoy the new babies when you have them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-16-2014, 03:17 PM)Catherine Wrote: Hard as it is to let them go, it sounds like they are going to a perfect home. They get to be together and I am sure they will be much loved.
Anyone who will go to the trouble of shipping them that far must really want them.
I feel for your daughter. Some people just don't like partings. It is hard to say goodbye. Maybe it is actually seeing them go that is so emotional for her. Saying goodbye earlier would be less stressful.

I am sure she will love the new little bunnies and will enjoy the new babies when you have them.

They all arrived safely at their new home and the new owner is really happy with them. Unfortunately, with the drama with my daughter I had forgotten to put the handover food in with them. I usually send the animals on their way with food.

I was having a talk with my daughter last night while I was feeding down the shed and I have agreed to put her rabbit, Gia, with Fred (while he is still here) and have some babies off them. My daughter is very excited about that and I have stressed to her that we can't keep all the babies, maybe just one, I don't know. It means that I do finally get to breed with Fred before I sell him which is why I bought him in the first place.

I've ordered a couple of double hutches to have outside the shed so I can put the lionheads in and be able to put my pigs into the cages they have been using. My husband said that two sheds would never be enough Smiley4
Quote:I've ordered a couple of double hutches to have outside the shed so I can put the lionheads in and be able to put my pigs into the cages they have been using. My husband said that two sheds would never be enough Smiley4

Somehow I am not surprized. There is never enough space. You always want to fit in one more cage because there is always another baby that you want to keep.

I am glad that treacle and family made it safely. I am sure they will bring much joy to their new home.Heart

Is Gia a Lionhead? They should have a nice litter of babies. It would be nice to have a baby to remember Fred by. It will be hard to keep just one. They all look so cute.
Catherine

(03-17-2014, 04:11 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:I've ordered a couple of double hutches to have outside the shed so I can put the lionheads in and be able to put my pigs into the cages they have been using. My husband said that two sheds would never be enough Smiley4

Somehow I am not surprized. There is never enough space. You always want to fit in one more cage because there is always another baby that you want to keep.

I am glad that treacle and family made it safely. I am sure they will bring much joy to their new home.Heart

Is Gia a Lionhead? They should have a nice litter of babies. It would be nice to have a baby to remember Fred by. It will be hard to keep just one. They all look so cute.

Would you believe that they only sent one hutch and two covers? Yes, that's what they did. I took everything out the box just in case they had packed them both in there (who was I kidding?) but no. Anyway, they apologised and sending the other one out today and should get it tomorrow. Then, got to get someone to put them together for me, preferably this week because I need to use the cages the lionheads are in at the moment for the boars that are paired up. I have babies due from next Monday and I need the boars out by then.

You do realise that I'm not going to be stopping at just a couple of double hutches outside, don't you? I intend to be getting another one or two next month. Smiley4

Yes, Gia is a Lionhead. We should have some lovely babies. I'm hoping that there will be at least one lilac and white rabbit amongst them but we will just have to wait and see.
Quote:You do realise that I'm not going to be stopping at just a couple of double hutches outside, don't you? I intend to be getting another one or two next month. Smiley4
I am not the least bit surprized.
I am also not surprized that the mixed up your order. The more urgently you need something the more likely it is that it will be mixed up.

Yes you do need to get those boars out. I fell asleep while waiting for a guinea pig birth and I woke up to one very large newborn and a newly pregnant mama.

So it is baby season again. I can't wait to see the little ones.
I look forward to seeing Gia's babies when they come. A lilac and white would be pretty.
Catherine

(03-19-2014, 03:16 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:You do realise that I'm not going to be stopping at just a couple of double hutches outside, don't you? I intend to be getting another one or two next month. Smiley4
I am not the least bit surprized.
I am also not surprized that the mixed up your order. The more urgently you need something the more likely it is that it will be mixed up.

Yes you do need to get those boars out. I fell asleep while waiting for a guinea pig birth and I woke up to one very large newborn and a newly pregnant mama.

So it is baby season again. I can't wait to see the little ones.
I look forward to seeing Gia's babies when they come. A lilac and white would be pretty.

The other hutch came on Wednesday morning with a cover so now got a spare cover. My friend never got back to me and I had text her twice to ask if her husband could do the hutches for me, so my husband has asked his son if would mind doing them. He's coming over the weekend so should have them up and rabbits out before Monday and I can move the boars into the empty cages. Talk about cutting it fine! Smiley4
Quote:The other hutch came on Wednesday morning with a cover so now got a spare cover. My friend never got back to me and I had text her twice to ask if her husband could do the hutches for me, so my husband has asked his son if would mind doing them. He's coming over the weekend so should have them up and rabbits out before Monday and I can move the boars into the empty cages. Talk about cutting it fine! Smiley4

Now that you have a spare cover, could you get them to accidentally send you a spare hutch. You can never have too many hutches.Smiley4

I hope you get the hutches put together on time. Now that you have them you must be eager to put them in use and to move the boars. I hope none of your girls delivers early. That would be a problem. There is never a dull moment when you have animals. You are going to be rushing to set things up and get everybody moved and the girls ready to deliver. Your weekend sounds busier than mine. Have fun.
Catherine

(03-22-2014, 02:45 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:The other hutch came on Wednesday morning with a cover so now got a spare cover. My friend never got back to me and I had text her twice to ask if her husband could do the hutches for me, so my husband has asked his son if would mind doing them. He's coming over the weekend so should have them up and rabbits out before Monday and I can move the boars into the empty cages. Talk about cutting it fine! Smiley4

Now that you have a spare cover, could you get them to accidentally send you a spare hutch. You can never have too many hutches.Smiley4

I hope you get the hutches put together on time. Now that you have them you must be eager to put them in use and to move the boars. I hope none of your girls delivers early. That would be a problem. There is never a dull moment when you have animals. You are going to be rushing to set things up and get everybody moved and the girls ready to deliver. Your weekend sounds busier than mine. Have fun.

My hutches are going to be done today. My husband's son is coming round in about half an hour to do them so looks like I will be moving my boars out today and the rabbits into their new hutches.
Just in time. Now you can shift animals around where ever you need to and have room for everyone. And you can move the boars out before they get the girls into trouble. So can you house the boars together or do they each need a separate cage?
I still can't believe that I have five boars together.

Good thing your husband's son is so handy. Every family needs someone like that.
Catherine