Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadly, two dogs have killed a child
That's so sad. You have to wonder though, it said the girl was being monitored but somehow no one saw the attack. It just sounds fishy to me. Especially knowing the dogs are friendly dogs. Like where they really keeping as eye on her or was she out playing and they looked out every so often.

When I'm watching small children, when I say watching I'm actually right there actively watching or playing with them, and a strange dog walks up, I put myself in between the child and the dog. I do the same thing with my own dogs when there is a strange dog. Even if the dog seems friendly. I make sure they the kid or kids (or dogs) are out of harms way. Because that other dog doesn't know you. They are learning what your movements mean for the first time so you can't move too fast and never look them in the eye. They need plenty of space so they don't feel trapped either.

I wish more people knew dog safety. I think all parents need to know how to handle a situation like this and to teach their children what to do if they aren't around when a stray dog shows up. I'm so thankful my parents taught me how to deal with stray and off leash dogs from an early age. I had no clue that others weren't taught at all until I was much older. It's such a good life lesson that you can always use. I can't count the times I've had strays or off leash dogs run up to me. 3 of them being the dogs I have now.

It's a shame the little girl didn't make it. I hope they are able to figure out what happened. And I hope the dogs aren't punished for the idiocy of their owner. It's not the dogs' fault that their owner put them in a situation for that to happen.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sadly, two dogs have killed a child - by Libby - 03-18-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: Sadly, two dogs have killed a child - by LPC - 03-19-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: Sadly, two dogs have killed a child - by Tobi - 03-19-2014, 08:09 AM