Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am losing Jake Krinkle Snake
You have all met Jake Krinkle Snake.
[Image: d44rfIU7EOW_sh7h1Ef7OOuj7xXJQ6Fj--kAYOIK...=w367-h275]

He is an amazing snake who has never let his serious spine deformities slow him down. He has been a happy and loving snake.

He came home with me in 2010 so we have been together 9 years. I think he is around 11-12 years old. 
Jake has done well. However this last month he has not been looking his best.  He is not a young snake so I have to expect some signs of aging. 

This is Jake now.
[Image: EuBMUXc_p_gdy6lpmZJq0TJ_BQIeMTLOqCLDlWTw...=w155-h275]    [Image: h5juhuO6G1GDZuvF4DfhsHyc1SVN6F6gb5w70RXe...=w155-h275]

I think he looks much worse and he seems very stiff. I am working at soaking him and working with his spine to get it moving. 
He was bad when I first brought him home. I hope some heavy duty TLC can help him.

At his age I worry. I am hoping he just needs to be babied more, like I do with Barrie. I don't even want to think the unthinkable.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is Wednesday and Jake is still with me, but he doesn't look good. I never believed he would live this long. Now that he has, I just want there to be a little more time. I am going to be as supportive as I can and spend lots of time with Jake. That is all I can do.

Some of you know I spent New Years Eve at home with Jake.  I knew then that has wasn't looking good. I just had a feeling that he wouldn't see another new year and this was my last chance to be with him. Who would have believed 9 years ago when I brought  Jake home that he would do so well and have such a full life. I am proud of my Jake and how well he has done in spite of his poor damaged body.
Catherine

So sorry Catherine it sounds like you've done all you can if it wasn't for your love and care he may not have been around this long.
(01-10-2019, 06:06 PM)Catslave Wrote: So sorry Catherine it sounds like you've done all you can if it wasn't for your love and care he may not have been around this long.

I agree totally. Blessings to dear Jake in his last days on this earth. He is in loving hands. One could ask for no more.
Thank-you. I have him on palliative care status. He is resting on a soft pad with a flannel baby blanket over it. I soak him and massage him to ease his joints and maybe help his mobility. He can't make it to the water dish so I hold him regularly so he can drink. There is no doubt his body is doing poorly, but he is still my happy go lucky Jake. His spirit has always been stronger than his body. He has been a brave spirit in a damaged body and maybe it is time for him to be free. He has never complained, but he deserves more than what life has given him. Heart
Catherine

I have put a lot into giving Jake TLC and supportive therapy. He is looking a little better. Soaking in warm water with massages has helped him to regain some mobility. He has stiffened up and I think he was dehydrated because he couldn't drink. I have been holding him to the water dish so he can drink as much as he needs. He is drinking a lot, but maybe he needs more water right now. I think the soft pad and flannel blanket are making him feel more comfortable. Jake has a lot of spirit and even though his body has always failed him, he still has will to live.  Whatever time we have left is special and I cherish it.
Catherine

I think of Jake Krinkle Snake most days.
How is he doing?

He was so very fortunate that his path crossed yours! His life would not have been as good elsewhere. Bless him, dear little Jake. Heart
Jake failed to shed last time and that would have been part of his trouble. This time he is preparing for a shed again and I am soaking him twice a day and spraying him with Shed Ease. Jake has more movement and seems more alert. 
I am hoping he has actually improved and has more time with me. If not then these days are bonus time and I will enjoy them.

Jake and I were meant to be. Heart
Catherine