Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My rabbit with the tongue out
Heya, thank you. Yeah im on a couple of boards, mostly lurking :]  He is actually a she, but when i adopted her, it was supposed to be a neutered boy, took several months before i figured out it had to be a she, had to have the vet take a looksie, and yup, he was a she. Wich explained the mood changes and destructive behavior, but when the neutering was done, totally new calm Bunbun :]

I probably set that on autopilot, so used to not disclosing location due to privacy reasons. Changed it here thou :] Different nicks across boards are for cyber security reasons, if one forum gets hacked or something and usernames & passwords ends up in wrong hands, you cant just Google and find other boards with that username to access  Smiley16
Entertaining and educational pet videos at TinyPetsTube. Also on YouTube with weekly animal videos
I am a bit late Confused Smiley4  But wish you a very warm welcome to our forum, RogerSmith! 43
(02-05-2019, 03:08 AM)Tobi Wrote: I am a bit late Confused Smiley4  But wish you a very warm welcome to our forum, RogerSmith! 43

Lol, that's perfectly ok. Thank you for the warm welcome Wink
Entertaining and educational pet videos at TinyPetsTube. Also on YouTube with weekly animal videos
I am glad we all know each other. The trouble with using a different location on a Forum is that the Admins can look up your actual location and it makes us suspicious. We delete and block spammers all the time. I am glad you turned out not to be a spammer. I like hearing about Bunbun. Bunnies are special and rescue bunnies are even more special.

I am able to care for damaged small pets and there are small pets that have special needs. I have always had a soft spot for the little ones that are not perfect. I want them to have the best life possible. If all I can do is bring an animal home to die in peace, then that is enough. It is more than they would have had. Sadly the Rainbow Bridge  has a permanent connection to my place. 
There is always someone who is not doing well.

Happily it is not Jake Krinkle Snake my deformed snake. He has come back from near death. Sadly my rescue bearded dragon Laura is not looking good. I always have at least one of my babies who is not doing well. I can keep her comfortable and she is happy where she is.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I see.. Might be overly cautious, but when it comes to cyber privacy and security it's better to be safe than sorry, with all those hackers, crackers, phishers, sniffers and scammers out there. I have been on the web since it became commercial ages ago, crazy how things have changed, if i knew how it would escalate back then i should have picked up some good .com domains and sat on, sold later and be set for life Big Grin

I also have a soft spot for small buddies, some people are cat and dog persons, im more of a rodent/rabbits guy. Fun to get to know their personalities too, even my 3 itty bitty dwarf hamsters had really strong and different personalities. My old passed rabbit and my current Bunbun also have very different personalities, different genders so that might be a reason too. My old one, Fjodor, he was the kindest little guy i have ever known, he was a celeb at the vet because he was so good and calm when he got his claw clippings, just sat totally still. With Bunbun the vet have to work for her money Big Grin Also Fjodor allways stayed in the area i was, followed me around, ran to me when i laid down on the floor. Bunbun only does that when she thinks i got treats, she seems to prefer her own company more, but that might be a result of her previous years. She lived in that other home that threw her out in the worst winter month for estimated 3 years, have no idea how they treated her. Somebody luckily found her inside a carport, captured her and turned her into the animal protection organization, then she had a middle home for a few weeks, and then she ended up here :]

Jake Krinkle Snake, that is a funny name Big Grin What is wrong with the bearded dragon?
Quote:I see.. Might be overly cautious, but when it comes to cyber privacy and security it's better to be safe than sorry, with all those hackers, crackers, phishers, sniffers and scammers out there. I have been on the web since it became commercial ages ago, crazy how things have changed, if i knew how it would escalate back then i should have picked up some good .com domains and sat on, sold later and be set for life [Image: biggrin.gif]
The internet has really changed so fast. If only we had known to register certain names we really could sell them now and  make some money. I never thought of it.

I like most pets, but I give my time to the little ones. I can usually take in a tiny pet.
I bred dwarf hamster for 11 years and they had such interesting pets. They were funny. I agree, they really do have very different personalities.
Your old rabbit sounds like he was a sweet rabbit. Bunbun has had a harder life. Maybe with time she will settle down and trust you more and want to be with you.

Jake Krinkle Snake has that name because his spine is all crinkled up. I am still amazed that he has lived so long and done so well.

Laura came to me damaged. It is probably metabolic bone disease from a lack of calcium. People sometimes do not bother to give calcium/vitamin D3 supplements. She improved a lot with good care, but she flips over on her back and can't turn over. Lately she seems to have less energy and she falls over more often. 
Sadly I can make a bearded dragon healthy again, but I can't fix actual damage to the body. She has had some good years with me and she may yet improve.

Remember how I said I had 4 guinea pigs? Make that five. I will tell the new piggies story in the guinea pig section.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine