Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Smart" Treadmill for cats
We have seen the smart food dish and the smart litter box, it was only a matter of time before there was smart exercise equipment for cats.

https://mymodernmet.com/cat-treadmill-pet-ding/

I am not sure how successful they will be in getting cats to use the treadmill. Wouldn't it be a bit like people. Those who exercise don't need a treadmill. Those who don't exercise won't use the treadmill.

So what is next, a smart cat bed? I wonder how that would work
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well... Smiley4  This might work for some cats. But if they were anything like Sally, they would be interested in it for about....20 seconds....then nothing you could do would encourage them to have any interest at all in "that gadget they had seen and know all about already --what's new??"

She was like that with the little laser light I bought for her....interested in it for 10 seconds max.

Sally cat can also be lazy.  Yet I have seen her racing about in the garden, just for the sheer fun of it. The thing is, it has to be when she feels like it and it is impossible to encourage her to do it when she doesn't feel like it.

I can't help thinking the best way to stop a cat getting fat is not to feed them too much, but what we feed them should be highly nutritious, and not crammed with corn and fillers (which cats' systems can't utilise.)

Cats as far as I have observed, will only do cardio exercise WHEN they feel like it.
I agree with Sally Cat. The little laser pointer is interesting for a few seconds. After that it is just a dot of moving light.
I can't imagine a cat being interested in a treadmill. It is a lot like a hamster wheel. Hamsters have simpler tastes. They like running for the sake of running. Cats need something more stimulating. 

Better cat food would help with the weight problem. Chasing around and playing with the cat would help too. It would help the person to be healthier. Watching a cat run on a tread mill is not exactly a workout for a human either.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine