Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals that can walk on water
It is an unusual skill, but there are a number of animals that can do it. Some animals can actually walk on the water.

https://www.rd.com/culture/animals-never...-on-water/

I have seen the Grebes on the water years ago and I have seen the water striders. It would be interesting to see the snails.
Of course seeing a lizard run on water would be amazing, but that doesn't happen in my neighbourhood. These are the animals we know about. I wonder if there are others.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Nice post, it's quite interesting. The only animal that i already knew which could walk on water is the basilisk lizard.
The Grebes are a northern bird so they are better known where I am. Still most people haven't seen them.
The water striders are common and it is interesting to see them walk across the water. I just never thought about how uncommon that is the last time I looked at them.

We have all seen footage of the Basilisk Lizard running on the water. I would love to see that in the wild.
I notice that there are no mammals walking on water, but our fur would be a problem. It would soak up water and then the animal would be too heavy and would sink.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine