Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class action suit against Hill's Pet Nutrition
In response to the food recall and the number of dog deaths there is now a class action suit being filed against Hill's Pet Nutrition. 

http://www.petproductnews.com/News/Class...nt-Recall/

I am not surprised by this. The company was passively recalling the food and was not accepting responsibility for what happened.
The remarks I read seemed cold and unfeeling towards people who had just lost their pets.   There was no suggestion that they would pay any vets bills even though it was their fault. Even if the supplier of some ingredients made a mistake, Hill's is still responsible for the final product. Sadly after years as a good source of special pet foods they have damaged their own reputation.
They would have at least been respected if they had reached out to pet owners and offered to pay vets bills and sent some kind of sincere condolences.

It will be interesting to see what comes of the law suit. This could effect Hill's survival as a company. I don't know if people will ever trust their food again. People buy food for their pets in good faith. They count on pet food companies to test their food and ensure its quality and safety.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm not surprised by this news. Hills had a chance to apologise and put things right. They didn't.
This could cost them the whole company. Accepting responsibility and making restitution would have been the better way to go. I don't think they are going to look to good if it comes to court.  They should have been more careful with their food.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine