Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child’s best friend
I just want to share this link. https://www.gofundme.com/childs-best-fri...campmgmt_w
The link connects to the Go Fund Me web site, but not to a specific fundraising campaign.
Perhaps the fundraiser has been removed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, it's gone. There was a similar thread on AF.
Does anyone know what happened?
Catherine

The only way to find out would be to write to the email address of the person via the his/her file in the admin panel. But I doubt the person will be back. A lot of crowd funding sites are now more careful about accepting appeals because of numerous scams, hence quite a few applications get refused.
Crowdfunding is a great idea.
It is just such a shame that scammers mess it up for those who are making genuine calls for help.
I didn't get time to check out the site. It was gone when I looked at it. 
The crowd funding sites do need to  be careful about who they let set up a page. There have been too many pages that have proved to be scams. Do you remember the one from eastern Canada that claimed his dog was hurt by firecrackers and he needed help for vets bills.  I tracked the picture to an incident in Texas the year before and the dog was actually dead. That was his first mistake. The dog in the picture looked dead. I reported him to the admins of the fundraising site. Not all fundraising appeals are legitimate.
Catherine