Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bees can do basic math!
This concept comes as a bit of a surprize. I never thought of bees as having the ability to do basic arithmetic.
I am surprized that anyone even thought to study the possibility.  
I found the study to be very complicated and if the bees were able to figure out what to do then they have a lot of skills  we have not yet recognized.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/bees...cated-ones

This opens up a lot of possibilities. We need to look at a lot of other animals more objectively. For too long we have assumed that as humans we can do things and learn things that no other species can do. It seems that we are wrong. We may find that many species have skills we never thought possible.

I wonder what gave the researchers the idea to study bees in this way?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I love it! Smiley4  I am not surprised. It's not about the creatures who are "not as intelligent as us"....it's about humans who still have a lot to learn.

By the way....I have a "magical Bee" true story to tell (or maybe "mystical Bee"?) I will have to find the right section to write it in (it isn't long.)
Now I am intrigued. A magical/mystical Bee story sounds very interesting. I can't even imagine what the story is like.

Every time I read about a study like this I am even more aware of the fact that we know very little about the animals that share the planet with us and they know a great deal more than we think they do. We don't corner the market on intelligence.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine