Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selfie insanity
There have been many stories of selfies gone wrong both for the person and for the animal involved. This time it was the person who got hurt. She climbed a barrier at the zoo and stood near a Jaguar enclosure. The Jaguar grabbed her arm. It is fortunate that they were able to recue her and the damage is not life threatening.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/woma...rities-say

This selfie trend is out of control. To get a picture with a Jaguar the woman put herself in real danger. Sometimes it is the animals that get hurt. Who can forget people passing around a baby dolphin, taking selfies, until the baby dolphin died.
There have been a number of selfie incidents that have ended badly for the animals. People have actually been killed while taking selfies.
Maybe what we need to do is alter cell phones so they can no longer take selfies. It is a possible solution to the problem.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

When I heard this it made me so mad. Not only did the woman get hurt but we could have ended up with another Harambe fiasco. I'm curious if the Zoo will press charges. Couldn't that be considered animal endangerment or at the very least trespassing?
She should at least be fined.  It would have been heartbreaking to have another Harambe incident. It could easily have happened.
This selfie craze is out of hand and she showed very poor judgement.  The fences are there for a reason and there are signs warning people not to cross them. No sensible person would climb the fence like that. The zoo should charge her with trespassing. The cat could easily lost its life because of this. There need to be consequences to deter other people from trying the same thing. If I see anything I will post it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine