Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The deepest diving whale
The Cuvier Whale is able to dive deeper than our ability to track it. They go deeper and they stay down longer than any other marine mammal.
They are being studied, but it is not yet clear how they can go without breathing for so long.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/07/scien...-dive.html

Sadly they are being threatened by sonar. Humans are filling the oceans with sounds from our activities. Sonar is the worst for marine mammals. We are not only filling the ocean with pollution and plastic, we are also filling it with noise.

Think about it, we are the worst neighbours ever. We throw our garbage everywhere and we make louds noise all the time.
When we had someone on my street like that we got a petition going about them. I would not be surprized if all the animals got a petition going against us(If it was possible). I bet dogs would be the only ones who wouldn't sign.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-14-2019, 04:09 PM)Catherine Wrote: The Cuvier Whale is able to dive deeper than our ability to track it. They go deeper and they stay down longer than any other marine mammal. They are being studied, but it is not yet clear how they can go without breathing for so long.

Think about it, we are the worst neighbours ever. We throw our garbage everywhere and we make louds noise all the time. When we had someone on my street like that we got a petition going about them. I would not be surprized if all the animals got a petition going against us(If it was possible). I bet dogs would be the only ones who wouldn't sign.

It's a Cuvier's Beaked Whale, i made an image for it before 2 yrs. In 2014, scientists named Cuvier's beaked whales the deepest diving animals of all when they tracked one on a dive to 9,874 feet (2,992 m). The dive lasted for 2 hours and 17 minutes, making this whale the longest-diving mammal on record as well as the deepest.

Of course humans are the worst species ever.
When you think of it, that is a long dive for an air breathing mammal. They also go down to levels where the pressure must be incredible. This is a remarkable whale with some very interesting abilities. We could learn a lot from studying them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine