Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canine Antivaxxers
I think whooping cough has been more of a problem here. It was epidemic when I was a baby. I nearly died because I was to young for the vaccine and other people hadn't bothered to be vaccinated.

You and I predate the vaccines for measles and mumps. We had the diseases and we were lucky that we recovered with no complications. Mumps left some of the boys sterile. Measles can damage the eyes and it can kill. The real danger is for people who are medically fragile. If they catch certain diseases they will be at a much higher risk of serious complications. The only way to protect these people is for most people to be vaccinated.

The same would be true for animals. If we vaccinate enough animals for rabies we can prevent its spread.
Canine distemper is so infectious that we need most dogs to be vaccinated to prevent serious outbreaks. 

The people who are refusing to vaccinate their pets are doing so because they believe the dog will get autism. There has been no indication that dogs develop autism. The whole idea is totally made up.

It is okay to question the vaccine schedule and work out better solutions. Rejecting vaccines because of a fear of autism makes no sense.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine