Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canine Antivaxxers
Vaccines are very helpful, and save lives when used correctly.

I do agree, however, with those who are against over-vaccination , or inappropriate vaccination for their animals.
I think it is wise to be educated, and also very aware.
When Misty first came to me, she had nearly died from Parvo virus. The Parvo vaccine (if she had been given it!) would have prevented that and might even have saved the lives of her f ive pups (poor little Souls).

However, when I took her for a check up at the vet, they always gave her the combination vaccine which included all sorts, and Parvo.
I questioned the Parvo one, as I knew she was naturally immune, having survived it. But it took me three years to question it. I only did so, after she became acutely unwell 24 hours after her booster shots one year.
The vet denied the boosters had anything to do with it, but I knew they had caused her to be unwell. She was also worryingly ill. But thankfully, it did pass.

Then I asked "why give her the combo vaccination when she is already immune to Parvo??" and "can we get single vaccinations?"
Eventually our vet admitted that she did not need it.
But I believe giving it to her put her system under a lot of stress.

Anyway, from then on I insisted on getting her titers done every year instead of just mindlessly allowing her to have the combo vaccination.

Every year she showed healthy immunity to absolutely everything except Leptospirosis!
Even five years later she was still immune to Distemper (from her previous innoculations) and Parvo (from natural immunity)!

Getting her titers done was more expensive but I felt better about that. Meanwhile she was healthy and well.

Messages In This Thread
Canine Antivaxxers - by Catherine - 03-15-2019, 02:20 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Catslave - 03-15-2019, 04:45 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Catherine - 03-16-2019, 04:02 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Libby - 03-19-2019, 12:25 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Catherine - 03-19-2019, 12:45 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Tobi - 03-22-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Catherine - 03-22-2019, 02:32 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Tobi - 03-25-2019, 04:11 AM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Catherine - 03-25-2019, 02:39 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Tobi - 03-31-2019, 12:08 PM
RE: Canine Antivaxxers - by Catherine - 03-31-2019, 05:19 PM