Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter who shot sleeping lion identified
Quote:The Daily Mail identified the hunter as Guy Gorney of Manhattan, Ill. Gorney is not exactly a stranger to hunting controversy. In 2015, he boasted to CBS of killing at least 70 big game animals, including elephants, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses, buffalos and leopards.
Guy Gorney  has a history of killing animals and boasting about it. In the video of this killing he takes aim at a sleeping lion with a high powered riffle and he shots it as it lies there unaware. It is not a clean kill and the animal suffers. When he has done he shakes hands with his guide.

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Tr...703718.php

It is hard to believe he considers himself a hunter after he killed a sleeping animal.  This is a very disturbing individual. I wouldn't want him as a neighbour or a coworker. I wouldn't want to know him in any capacity. 

Zimbabwe allows these hunts and airlines allow him to take his trophies home.  He may be a terrible person, but there are others that enable him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I can't say what I think of this man can't use swear words on the forum,but he's pond scum.
A sad act of cowardice, to kill a sleeping animal. And how horrific.
To him, they are just "things" to be shot..

Pond scum is a good description Catslave!

Meanwhile you are right Catherine....other people enable him to do these things.
Quote:I can't say what I think of this man can't use swear words on the forum,but he's pond scum.
Type as many swear words as you want. We have a censorship program and they will not appear, but you get to say what you really think of him.

Quote:Meanwhile you are right Catherine....other people enable him to do these things.
He didn't do this or any of his other killings alone.  The people who guide him bear responsibility. Even the government has some responsibility. He must have had a permit. Maybe they didn't picture him killing a sleeping animal, but they let him come to their country to kill something.

Airlines and shipping companies should refuse to ship his dead animal trophies. They certainly should refuse to ship his guns and other hunting equipment. 

We should encourage Zimbabwe to invest in ecotourism. One lion can be seen by many people year after year. A dead lion is only seen once.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine