Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
170 Dogs rescued from Korean Dog Meat Farm
Another dog meat farm has been closed down and 170 dogs rescued. The Humane Society International, HSI, has been very busy in its fight against the dog meat industry. They are now working with the farmers to help them choose other livelihoods. In the last three years they have saved over 1200 dogs. Their work is amazing. Everyone who contributes to their work is part of this rescue. 

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/south-korea-dog-meat-farm-animal-rescue-rights-cruelty-food-hsi-electrocuted-soup-cook-a8095066.html

It is going to take time, but gradually the dog meat industry and the eating of dog meat is winding down.
Every time they shut down a farm and rescue the dogs, that farm is one less dog farm in the country. Other farmers can see what is happening. They will begin to understand that the dog meat industry is declining  and eating dog meat is becoming less popular.  It seems slow at first and many dogs are still at risk, but some day I will be posting that the last dog meat farm just closed. We will see it happen.
For now there are 170 dogs that can look forward to happy lives in new countries.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is wonderful work from the HSI and their volunteers Heart  God bless them.
It may be slow, but they are actually ending the dog meat industry on farm at a time. I think they may even inspire other farmers to see new ways of making money.
I hope some of the dogs make it to Toronto.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine