Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colonel the Dog recent article...
...But no, not really news.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/military-...belltitem3

The article which appears to think the Taliban still have Colonel or "Dagarwhal" as they called him -was written in February of this year (2019)

Much of what is said here was already said around the time of his capture in 2014. So I don't think this is being presented as any kind of news, but as a military-related feature, by the web site "We are the Mighty".

But it is the first we have heard of Colonel since 2014.

How much of what the Taliban spokesman was reported to have said is true anyway, is anyone's guess.
At least we know that Colonel the Dog is not forgotten.  I doubt he will be rescued now, but he has probably been well treated. He may even be working for his captors. I suspect he will live out his life in his current circumstances and we will never know for sure.
I know dogs are willing to serve us in war, but this is too high a price to pay. If they can't protect the dogs then I wish they wouldn't use them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sadly, this seems like a re-hash of old news. I just looked at the website generally, and it seems to consist of similar articles, many relating to old news about Iraq, Iran and so on.
You are right, they had nothing new to offer. It is sad that we will never know what happened to Colonel. I hope he is well treated wherever he is.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine