Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Plate, home cooked meal delivery service for your dog.
Pet Plate is an interesting idea. The founder of the company actually studied physics. Somehow he ended up cooking good food for his own dog and that led to cooking and delivering meals to others for their dogs. The food is human grade and properly prepared to be healthy for your dog. It is frozen and delivered packed on dry ice.

The company started small, but now has ten employees and has shipped over 3 million meals since it began in 2017.

www.forbes.com/sites/danieldambrosio/2019/04/20/startup-banking-on-dog-owners-who-want-the-best-for-fido-cost-be-damned/#5974f11f34ca

This is an interesting idea. The food would be healthy and tasty and better than a lot of commercial pet food. It would also be safer if you think about all the food recalls that we keep hearing about.

People who are really busy often send out for their own home cooked meals. Sending out for a meal for your dog would fit that busy lifestyle. It would be a way of being sure your pets food is safe and healthy.  It is a small company now in a pet food industry that makes billions. I wonder if it will catch on?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an excellent idea! Meals on Wheels for doggies! And guaranteed healthy food.
Some people want to cook for their dogs but aren't quite sure what to cook....how, or what they may need to add as a supplement. It can sometimes get very confusing.
But when someone else has done all the work, and the meals come frozen in portion sizes, it is easy!

Many were the times I would be awake after midnight, cooking up huge batches of dinners for Misty, and waiting for them to cool, and putting them in freezer bags, and I wished there was a service like this! Now there is!

I hope it catches on, because it is a good business idea.
I think people are tired of mass produced kibble and cans. The food isn't that good and there have been way too many recalls and problems. This is an idea that could really become popular. Even if it was more expensive, it would be worth it because the dog would be healthier. We worry about what actually goes into dog food. With Pet Plate that wouldn't be a problem. What the dog gets is real food.

Many people would not know how to cook for their dog the way you cooked for Misty. 
I bet there are people who wish there was a Pet Plate for cats.  I know some nights I wish there was a pet plate for Guinea Pigs. 
We all want our pets to eat well, but sometimes we are too tired.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine