Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizare cat grooming trend
There is a weird new cat grooming trend. People are having their cats shaved to look like dinosaurs. I can't imagine who thought this up or why this became a thing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic...saurs.html

Every cat pictured in the article does not look happy. Putting silly dinosaur costumes on our cats was not enough, we have to offend their dignity by having their fur cut in weird patterns. Insult to injury, they don't even look like good examples of dinosaurs. Maybe cats have good taste and realize how bad they look.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well I don't really like it.

Some of those cats are not going to be very warm outside in a cold wind dressed like that.

Oh....but I forgot of course....those cats probably never are allowed out of their confinements in houses where they live out their whole lives.
No cat clipped like that would be willing to be seen in public. I can understand that sometimes long haired cats need to be clipped. The fur can get matted or it can be too hot for the cat. I did clip a Persian cat once because she was really suffering from the heat. Of course people who can afford fancy groomers can also afford air conditioning. So I can't think of any reason to clip a cat in a ridiculous pattern like these poor cats. It is selfish and mean. The cats hate it and it was done because the human wanted it, not because the cat needed it.

Why do people do weird things to their pets and why would a groomer even agree to such a thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine