Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones leads to a rise of "wolf" dogs in animal shelters
Yes it is very worrying LPC.
People have since the dawn of time been influenced by stories. I suppose in that sense we have not changed. The old tales....the Finnish Kalevala, the Germanic Niebelungenlied, the Norse tales, and even Grimm's Fairy Tales, were not devoid of violence, but had at their core a thread of heroism and usually triumph over evil, or over "dark forces".

But what has changed is maybe gratuitous violence in some of our modern "tales" (usually nowadays movies or video games)
And what may also have changed is the motive of those who invent, promote, and market such violence....

Stories influence the subconscious of a person far more powerfully than any lecture could ever do!

Those poor dogs....never loved for who they are and certainly never understood, or even given a lifestyle suitable for their type or temperament.

And the fashion for breeding wolf-dog hybrids is highly questionable.
Yes they are beautiful creatures, and I have known one, and she was a lovely and friendly being. Actually I have known two. Both great.
But people who want to "own" an animal like that can't always know what they are in for. Not a normal domestic dog. So they may well end up in a shelter when the people can't cope with them, and unless they are very lucky, very hard to re-home.

No I have no knowledge either of "Game of Thrones" besides hearing some of the soundtrack music played on the radio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game of Thrones leads to a rise of "wolf" dogs in animal shelters - by Tobi - 04-25-2019, 10:13 AM