Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear bribes dog for access to family garbage
A man in Northern Ontario  left his big dog outside at night to defend the garbage from wild animals. It might have worked, but a clever bear bribed the dog with a large bone and was given full access to the coveted garbage bags. Each time it happened there was a mess of torn up bags everywhere and a happy dog munching on a large bone.

https://people.com/pets/bear-bribes-guar...ugh-trash/

Who knew man's best friend could be bribed.
You have to wonder where the bear got the idea to bribe  the dog. I wonder what else this bear knows.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is a very funny story. Amazing! Clever bear!

But a part of me also thinks someone shouldn't leave his dog outside at night to face down a bear. One never knows what could happen. A part of that is about the man projecting his ego on the dog.

However, it all ended up well, and Brick has now got a surfeit of deer bones we guess? Smiley4
It is a funny story. I too was a little worried about the dog being left outside, but maybe for a big dog it is safe. It was just a brown bear and they are not aggressive. After all it bribed the dog, it didn't try to hurt it. The other wildlife is not that big or dangerous.

The whole idea of a bear buying access to garbage cans is really funny. I hope he doesn't try to bribe a family cat. The cat would probably show him the frig and the best cupboards for snacks.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine