Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom got a puppy!
I just realized I have t told you guys about my mom’s newest edition. They have had Charlie the Boxer/Anatolian Shepard mix for a few weeks now. My mom has enlisted me to let him out about 3 times a week while her and my stepdad are at work. I let him and the girls out. Some of you have heard about Molly and Mia in the past. Since getting married and moving out I haven’t gotten to see them as much so I jumped at the chance to get to see them more especially in their advanced years. They are my furry sisters after all. Around noon I go let them all out and I feed Charlie lunch and train him. He’s almost 5 months old and is going to be a huge dog! Probably over 100lbs if not pushing 150lbs. Best part is I’m getting paid!
I have a part-time job where I’m off by noon and it’s 5 minutes from my parents house so I love it! I’m always posting pictures on Instagram. Here’s a few clips I put together from today.
https://youtu.be/y6XEDqvQU-M

I also get to bring Charlie over to my house to really tire him out. I bring him over on my off days.
A puppy!
You must all be very excited to have a puppy in the family.  That is really good that you are working and can stop in a noon to look after the new dog.  What do Molly and Mia think of Charlie? It is hard to believe that they are old girls, but I remember you getting Mia. A puppy must make their lives more active and lively.

It is great that Charlie can play with your dogs. Fennec looks like he is the dominant dog. He certainly looks good and has lots of fun running around.  Having a pack of dogs looks like fun. Watching them play  would be so much fun.

So, is there a back story to the new puppy. Or is he another dog that just seems to have appeared in your lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How exciting for you! I had to get an online converter to work out Charlie's weight (to convert from pounds to kilos). He will be a big doggy, as heavy as some humans.

I would also like to hear the background story about how the dog appeared in your parents' lives. It is very fortunate that you live so close to their house.
My mom saw a post for him online and started talking to them. He was born in December. Shortly before that the owners of the Father, the Anatolian Shepard had moved to Bowling Green, KY. Well these shepards are the size of sheep because they were breed to blend in and protect live stock but specifically sheep. They are typically raised and kept with the sheep to protect them. Their new house had a 3ft fence... so naturally he hopped the fence and did what came naturally with the nextdoor neighbors 8yr old boxer. The father of the puppies got fixed and his owners were given Charlie. Which they named him Bruiser. But same issue they have always had is the fence. So with both dogs getting out of the fence the father was captured and sent to doggie jail while they decided both dogs was too much they reached out to find Bruiser a home. That's when my mom saw. My mom and stepdad had been looking at getting a boxer or boxer mix soon so my mom jumped at the chance. They drove the hour to go pick him up and found him in the neighbors yard because he had escaped again. My parents have an invisible fence so they were the top candidates because they felt it was the best way to keep him from getting out. They renamed him Charlie because it was hard to remember Bruiser especially after having Buddy for so long.
I really REALLY enjoyed watching your video of all the dogs playing. Wonderful!

Fennec made me smile. He's forever trying to keep the others in check -in their "place" isn't he? Smiley4 

What a lovely video, and I like that land too. Perfect for them. Is that your land?
The first couple clips with the flat land are my mom’s. The hill is my house.

Fennec is a good ball. Mostly spaz. It’s taken him a while to figure out of to play and even still he mostly just loves to push the other dogs around.
I knew there had to be a story behind the puppy. He must be quite a character if he can get over a fence like that. 
He clearly takes after his father. I can see that it would be too much to have two dogs like that. They were wise to find him a home.
I am sure you and your mother will have Charlie sorted out in no time.  He may be able to jump a fence, but he won't be able to "jump" an invisible fence. Molly and Mia are older and more steady now so they should have a calming influence on him.

If you can let him run and play with your dogs it will be great for him.
It sounds like he is just the right dog and he is with the right people.

Fennec does look like he wants to be in charge.  With so many dogs to run with he will never be able to control them all. He will just have to join in the fun in the end.

I can't wait to hear how Charlie is fitting in and how he is growing. Definitely Charlie is a better name than Bruiser.
Catherine

on top of getting to bring all the dogs together one of the best thing is Charlie is helping Mia lose weight! As she's gotten older she put on 10lbs. She should be around Fennec's weight at 50lbs. Also Charlie is gaining weight and is at 50lbs but not even 5 months old yet!

My mom got use both pools for the dogs and as you can see Charlie is a fan!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvVMfbgdog/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvnVUxBChg/
I love the idea of the pools. On a hot day they can all jump in and cool off. Do they all like water.

The exercise and weight  changes for Mia are a bonus. This will add years to her life. Certainly she will walk better without the extra weight.

It sounds like Charlie is going to be a big dog. If he is 50 pounds now will he top the one hundred before he stops growing?

I can't wait to see pictures of all the dogs chilling out together.
Catherine

(05-24-2019, 05:06 PM)Catherine Wrote: I love the idea of the pools. On a hot day they can all jump in and cool off. Do they all like water.

The exercise and weight  changes for Mia are a bonus. This will add years to her life. Certainly she will walk better without the extra weight.

It sounds like Charlie is going to be a big dog. If he is 50 pounds now will he top the one hundred before he stops growing?

I can't wait to see pictures of all the dogs chilling out together.

Ask and you shall receive lol all 7 dogs together!! It was just me and all the dogs from last Friday. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByGc2AkhmNs/...6w7i5n3e06

Charlie and Graham like the water and Fennec will walk through it but that’s about it.
Charlie will for sure get up to 100lbs at least. He likely won’t finish growing until he’s 18 months old. Also I found out his birthday is December 21st. So he just hit 5 months old.