Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Orca is dying
BC's southern resident orca population has suffered sad losses for years now. They have lost so many.
Yet another female is dying of starvation. The need peace and room to feed and they need salmon. The salmon stocks are in trouble as well. We need to restore the salmon and we need to help save the southern resident orcas. Their loss would be terrible for so many reasons. Certainly it would be an ecological disaster.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c...-1.5141293

Year of damaging rivers and over fishing combined with serious pollution have done serious damage to the salmon.
The Orca depend on the salmon. Without the salmon the orcas are declining. No part of an ecosystem can be lost without risk to other parts of the ecosystem. 

This is an emergency. If we don't act fast we could see environmental collapse in the area.

I don't know if this particular orca can be saved. I think they need to try.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I hope that poor Orca can be saved, and I hope something sustainable can be done for their future. We simply CANNOT cause this kind of damage to a species.
This one orca dying is very sad. It is also part of a bigger picture. All the oceans are in trouble because of things we have done. All around the world, in every ocean, animals are in trouble. We are the cause so we better be the solution.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine