Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregnant dog rescued just in time
A very pregnant dog was dropped off at a "kill" shelter in Georgia. The president of  Poodle and Pooch Rescue of Florida was in the area and picked the dog up. While they were driving home with the Lizzzy she gave birth to 6 puppies in the back seat of the car.

https://people.com/pets/rescue-dog-gives...l-shelter/

Lizzy is one lucky dog. She was rescued just in time for herself and her puppies. Sadly she has injuries and could end up losing her leg. But for Lizzy and her puppies there is a tomorrow. And I am sure there will be  someone to give her a good home.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

To think that lovely little dog and those pups were due to be killed...within hours no doubt.
I am very pleased to hear she was saved in time. She needs very much care but thanks to her rescuers seven dogs have been saved. I wish them all well.
I love little newborn pups! Squirmy squeaky little things! Bless them.

I suppose Lizzie has to wait until the pups are weaned for her amputation, because of the effect of anaesthetics on the breast milk? I hope they can find a safe pain relief for her in the meantime....
Quote: I suppose Lizzie has to wait until the pups are weaned for her amputation, because of the effect of anaesthetics on the breast milk? I hope they can find a safe pain relief for her in the meantime....
I am sure they will do everything possible for Lizzie. Maybe they can even save the leg. They were not sure yet.
You are right, the puppies would need to be weaned before any surgery. I am sure they can keep her comfortable.

Lizzie wouldn't have stood a chance in a "kill" shelter.  A pregnant, injured dog would have been killed very quickly. 
It is just so fortunate that someone was right there able to take Lizzie. They could have easily taken their family vacation elsewhere. 

The puppies are certainly cute. I love the mom. She is a cute little dog and I hope it all goes well for her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine