Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bride has shelter dogs instead of flowers at her wedding
A bride who loves animals wanted something different for her wedding. She had a local shelter bring dogs that needed homes to her wedding and the bridesmaids walked them down the isle. The dogs are in all her wedding photographs too. 
Some of these dogs were hard to find homes for and after the wedding some of them were adopted. She also collected money for the shelter at her wedding.

https://people.com/pets/bride-has-brides...the-aisle/

How wonderful to hear about a bride who is thinking of others on her wedding day. It is her special day, but she made it special for others. Some of the dogs found homes. All of the dogs had a fun outing away from the shelter. The shelter got some very good publicity. I bet having all those dogs there made it the most fun wedding ever.

I hope more people find creative ways to help animals when they celebrate special events.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Delightful idea! Loved it!
Just think how much fun it would have been. Any event is so much better when you add some dogs to it.
Catherine

Puce attended my son's wedding and had ribbons on her harness.
Quote:Puce attended my son's wedding and had ribbons on her harness.
That would have been so cute and I am sure Puce knew it was a special occasion. 

I wish we could have our pets at more special events in our lives. They share the everyday stuff. They should be there for the good times.
Catherine

What a wonderful idea. That must have been such a special wedding. And how good for many of the dogs who attended, that they were adopted afterwards.

I have seen a photograph of Puce wearing her ribbons at the wedding, LPC....I can't remember where. It may have been on this forum somewhere.
She looked splendid. It is an honour to have a good dog at a wedding.
I have never been to a wedding with a dog involved. If I knew there would be a dog or two I am sure I would like weddings a lot more.

I don't remember seeing Puce at a wedding on this forum. I hope I wouldn't forget a thing like that. How long ago was it?
Catherine