Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog rescues guinea pigs
A dog comes to the rescue again.
This time the dog saved five guinea pigs that had been left to die.

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/5-guinea-pi...story.html

I can't believe anyone would be so cruel as to leave the guinea pigs to die like that. Although my little Flora was found wandering in the park.
However, dogs are always a source of inspiration. They just keep doing good deeds for us and for other animals. Dogs are the true heroes of this world.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A bittersweet story. How could someone just do that? Tie them up in a sack and run off?

But glad the dog found them. Hope someone will give them a happy home.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Oh, thank goodness the dog found them.

How could anyone do that?

Too often living Beings are bought on a whim because they are 'cute', by people who are totally unsuitable to be animal caretakers. I think animal breeders should be very very strict about who they let their animals go home to. I don't know what the solution might be on a practical level....

I know my local animal rescue is very stringent about home checks and people who want to adopt really do have to prove their worth. But it's different when animals are bought from breeders, or from pet shops, or when they are amateur-bred.
They had five guinea pigs. They must have known what guinea pigs are like or why would you get five. Some people do not see getting a pet as a commitment. I feel I have made a bond with a pet to provide for it for its whole life.
If I can't fulfill that bond then I need to find someone who can. Certainly there was no need to tie them up in a sack.Angry

They are very pretty guinea pigs. I am sure homes will be found.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine