Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Biscuit
I came home to find my guinea pig Biscuit gone. I have been expecting it for weeks, but it still comes as a surprize.
[Image: O85XtFrTkL9jefgjCx5QBi9lLuWgnFUpVl-mFfsX...=w259-h291]
You may remember that I rescued Biscuit three years ago. He came to me as a starved little guinea pig. He was so thin and hungry.
[Image: ADd_fUEosYizekC2mpsGZr3qEl_8OI3Uhu2q5cLI...=w387-h291]
I fed him and he feel asleep by the food dish. When he woke up he licked the empty dish. He didn't expect me to give him more. 
[Image: aSHhRhQMkmqvP-cMVcAfh1OuYZ-4utB_XGaBNnUO...=w387-h291]

He was so cute.
[Image: 0j8dEzuF0urArCoslBAbGh8dhq7W4DVnacIyIrk2...=w387-h291]

He found a happy life with my other piggies.
[Image: 8eYau28AGEzxmDTai8H3slpRzxoMcDJ35MKzndvQ...=w576-h291]

[Image: eg4aBX5WuX6z_SiB38DSH93GtRMqh4j6wefsTZuK...=w571-h291]

I like to think that he forgot his hungry unhappy life. With me and my other piggies he became fat and happy and very contented. Sadly guinea pigs have short lives and I watched him fading away this year. He was still eating and happy with his life even this morning when I fed him his breakfast veggies. All the girls in this last picture are gone before him and I like to picture him rejoining his herd where they can happily much on veggies all day long.

Bye Bye Biscuit. Thank-you for the time we had.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Another sweet, gentle piggie gone to the Bridge to wait for you, Catherine! I remember you talking about him in the past. He will be missed.
Thank-you. He was a sweet little guy who was always happy he came home with me. Now I can be happy he has gone home to his girls. He really loved his girls. Boris the new baby misses him a little, but they were not together long. I think Boris will join Larry and Joey. I just need to take my time introducing them.

I miss my little Biscuit. Life was getting hard for him so it was time for him to go, but he was a real presence. I always knew he was there.
Catherine

Aw!
I know you were expecting this, but it's still a shock to come home and find a little one has passed.

His photos are lovely.
The one where he fell asleep by his dish is so touching. He was so used to going hungry, he wanted to keep guard on his food bowl. Poor little thing. You must have told us how you rescued him but I have forgotten the circumstances now.

Bless you little Biscuit. Heart
RIP Biscuit run free over The Rainbow Bridge.
Someone dropped Biscuit off at the reptile centre because they didn't want him any more. They had two guinea pigs  but the other one died before it could be dropped off. It probably died of malnutrition, perhaps scurvy. I took Biscuit home right away. He was so thin I wasn't sure he would make it. With good feeding he became a chubby little piggie and was quite happy. It was sad to see him age so fast, but I am sure what he went through had an effect on his health.

Even when you know it is coming you can never be ready to find a pet has gone.
We had three good years together and now he can rejoin the girls who gave him a happy family life. 
I am so used to him talking to me when I am cooking. The kitchen is suddenly very quiet.
Catherine

That is so sad; the person dropped him off because they didn't want him any more. Poor little thing. And the other one didn't make it to find a new life. And it is my bet that Biscuit didn't even have a name?
But thank goodness they had the presence of mind to bring Biscuit to the Reptile Centre, and didn't just let him go in a park or something. Or worse....
He may have aged quickly but he had a good and happy life for 3 years with you and your gang. Bless him.
Those three years would have been the best years,he lucked out when he found you Catherine.
Thank-you. He was the lucky one. His brother didn't make it to a new happier life.
At least he was dropped off safely.
Boris, the latest baby, was left on the steps of the store in a box on a winter day.
Frodo and Flora who lived with me years ago were both found wandering outside. 
Martha and her daughter, the Muffin, were left behind in an apartment when the people moved out. It is lucky that the landlord found them in time.

Biscuit was spared some of the fears abandoned pets go through. He got over his food anxiety and became a chubby little pig.

Guinea pigs are such fragile creatures. I wish people would be kinder to them. I can understand if they can't keep them any more. I just don't understand the way that they abandon them.
Catherine

I don't get any of it,if you can't care for an animal don't get it,all the pets I've ever had have had the best care we could give them my daughter had pet rats and guinea pigs growing up I've had ferrets,rabbits loved them all but my hubby is a bird person even when he feels tired he still looks after them if the day comes he can't he'll find them a good home.