Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The running of the bulls....to their deaths
It is that time of year where they glamorize the running of bulls through the streets of Pamplona to the bull fighting ring. For some reason people choose to run in the street with the bulls. Many people get hurt and some even die. That is what the news focuses on. All the bulls die. No mention is made of that.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/07/europe/pa...index.html

This event has its own particular cruelty. The bulls are stressed and frightened by the way they are driven through the streets. The bull fighting itself is brutal. The animals are tormented and killed slowly. This has been going on for centuries.
There is a strong protest movement against it, but so far the end to such cruelty is not in sight.

What were people thinking when they decided that this is a good idea in the first place?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's a horrible sport I absolutely hate it.
Quote:It's a horrible sport I absolutely hate it.
Any sport that involves cruelty and killing isn't much of a sport. 
I don't think I would even want to visit a country that has bull fighting.
Catherine

(07-10-2019, 03:28 PM)Catherine Wrote: I don't think I would even want to visit a country that has bull fighting.

That is one way of discouraging bull fighting (or at the very least avoiding towns where they take place). Bull fighting has a local attraction, but it also relies on money from tourists "going to see what it like". Most are shocked and never go again; but the steady stream of people going to see "just this once" is enough. The videos are bad enough to reach a judgment.
I didn't need to see a video. Just reading about bull fighting is enough to tell me that I don't want to see it even once.
I think people need to think over what they do with their vacation money. If people stopped going to see the bull fights 
"just this once" they would stop being profitable. Instead they should visit somewhere that does good things for people and animals. There must be good vacation destinations that would not be offensive to someone who cares.
Catherine