Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Cat returns home after 9 years because of a microchip
Nine years ago, Loki, a beloved family pet went missing. Someone looking for their own lost cat now came across Loki and had him checked for a microchip. Because of the chip, Animal Care and Control was able to contact Loki's family and reunite them. It was a happy reunion and Loki is glad to be home with the people who have never stopped missing him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5502426/edmon...g-missing/

Microchips work! Pets that have no hope of finding their way home can be returned because of a microchip.
Now if only the microchip could tell us where Loki has been all these years. Cats do this all the time. They disappear for years. They turn up thousands of miles away. How do they do it. When they make it home they walk in as if they had never been away. I would love to know where these cats have been and what they have been doing. I am sure at 15 Loki will be happy to stay home with his people for the rest of his life. If only he could tell us his story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

My cat Edward is microchipped and registered on a national data base so no matter where he turned up in Australia he can be tracked.
It is good to know that Edward is safe. Microchipping is amazing. Animals are finding their way home from all kinds of places after many years absence. If only they could include a GPS tracker so we can find out where these traveling cats have been.
Catherine

Puce was microchipped and so is Forgy now. It is French law - and a good one. Luckily, neither ever got lost but it does give peace of mind. Our alpacas are microchipped, too!
I did not know microchipping was French Law. It is a good law. It would give you peace of mind knowing that your animals would be returned safely if they ever got lost.

A cat in my neighbourhood was hit by a car and Animal Services was called and they brought a portable microchip reader.
They knew the cats owner before they even took him to a vet. Sadly the cat didn't make it, but at least they knew what happened to him.

Years ago before they had microchips, they used tattoos. I found a cat miles from the city or even local small town. There was a tattoo in his ear and by the next day I had called the owner and reunited them. The cat had been gone for weeks and was about 50 miles from home and if I had taken him to a local shelter they would never have connected him to the report of a missing cat in another city. A simple tattoo got Zeke home safely.
Microchips are much better.

I wish more countries made microchipping the law.
Catherine

(07-20-2019, 02:58 PM)Catherine Wrote: I wish more countries made microchipping the law.
Why not, I wonder?
People are not always vaccinating their pets anymore. We don't have a law to cover that. We are a long way from having a microchip law.
For some reason people will not do things that will benefit their pets and perhaps even themselves.
I don't know why people are stubborn about this.
Catherine