Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamster doesn't move for three days
The story has a happy ending,  but it is an odd story.
A hamster escaped and was found under the frig. He was put back in his cage. He sat there at the edge of the cage not moving for days. When they took him to the vet he ate and drank right away.
It took a bit of work, but the vets figured it out. The hamster had stuffed a frig magnet in his cheek pouch. When he was put back in his cage, the magnet stuck him to the bars of the cage and he couldn't move.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/21/hamster-w...-10433929/

This may be the weirdest thing a hamster has ever put in his cheek pouch. I am just glad they figured it out before the hamster starved.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an amazing story!
It is so fortunate that they took him to the vet and the vet figured it out. I never thought about a frig magnet. They are not the safest things to leave around.
Catherine

Oh poor little hamster !
That was clever of someone to work out what had happened. i.e. why a hamster would sit with his face against the metal cage and not move.
I would have wondered why the hamster didn't curl up to sleep. It isn't normal for them to just sit there. 

The vet was very clever to figure it out. Of course hamsters put weird things in their cheek pouches all the time.
Catherine