Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merida & Nic-Nac's Babies Born 5/4/14
This morning Merida gave birth to 3 babies, all Agouti and all good weights. One has a white crest and looks to be a boar, one also has a white crest but also a white nose and also looks to be a boar. The third one is crested but she is all one colour, which is the same colour as her previous babies Cracker and Rocket. All three babies have the same colouring.

Will post photos once I am able to take some.Smiley4
Well done Merida and Nic-Nac. I can't wait to see the pictures, but they sound lovely. I love the agoutis and the crests are cute.
This is real birth week for you. I am glad they all have good birth weights and look healthy.Heart

Aren't you glad you have the new shed. Remember last year when it was just a dream. Feel free to post an update on how the new shed is doing. After all we lost that story when the Forum went down.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-06-2014, 02:36 AM)Catherine Wrote: Well done Merida and Nic-Nac. I can't wait to see the pictures, but they sound lovely. I love the agoutis and the crests are cute.
This is real birth week for you. I am glad they all have good birth weights and look healthy.Heart

Aren't you glad you have the new shed. Remember last year when it was just a dream. Feel free to post an update on how the new shed is doing. After all we lost that story when the Forum went down.

Here they are;

[Image: DSC00837_zps5a6639be.jpg]

Boar
[Image: DSC00839_zps1eaaeda9.jpg]

boar
[Image: DSC00840_zpsc88cc20b.jpg]

sow
[Image: DSC00843_zps0a77f239.jpg]
Wow, look at their colour. That is an intensely dark agouti. I like it and with the crest it is so smart looking. I love how each one has a different amount of white in the crest/face. It gives them each a unique look. They are going to be handsome piggies when they grow up.
You have had an interesting mix of babies so far. Any more litters on the way?
Catherine

(04-07-2014, 04:00 AM)Catherine Wrote: Wow, look at their colour. That is an intensely dark agouti. I like it and with the crest it is so smart looking. I love how each one has a different amount of white in the crest/face. It gives them each a unique look. They are going to be handsome piggies when they grow up.
You have had an interesting mix of babies so far. Any more litters on the way?

These are similar to the babies Glitter had in December. They were dark in colour with white crests. They are marked up for sale as I can't keep too many boars but they are turning out to be really handsome boys. They will make lovely pets for someone somewhere.

There's Rainbow and Toffee that I'm waiting on for litters. Not a hundred per cent that Toffee is actually pregnant or not, it's hard to tell. Rainbow, however, is absolutely massive. She's a lot bigger this time round than her previous two pregnancies so maybe she will have a bigger litter this time.

Then, from the 25th April there will be Mulan, Belle, Cupcake and Gloria due. In the meantime I am working out my next pairings.
Quote:These are similar to the babies Glitter had in December. They were dark in colour with white crests. They are marked up for sale as I can't keep too many boars but they are turning out to be really handsome boys. They will make lovely pets for someone somewhere.

There's Rainbow and Toffee that I'm waiting on for litters. Not a hundred per cent that Toffee is actually pregnant or not, it's hard to tell. Rainbow, however, is absolutely massive. She's a lot bigger this time round than her previous two pregnancies so maybe she will have a bigger litter this time.

Then, from the 25th April there will be Mulan, Belle, Cupcake and Gloria due. In the meantime I am working out my next pairings.

Those boys will make lovely pets. They will be big handsome looking fellows and someone will adore them.Heart

Ahh, the joys of breeding season. Lots of babies and lots of pairings to figure out. It is always exciting to see a litter for the first time. You never really know what you are going to get. Even second litters can have surprizes.
I hope Toffee is having a litter. They will be so cute.
All the best to Rainbow. I am sure she will do very well.

The end of the month is going to be pretty lively for you. You must always have that thrill of excitement going in when you know there can be new babies. I get the thrill when I open an egg box to check and little snakes noses are poking out. My baby rush starts at the end of April too. It must be baby season.

Are you going for the same pairings or are you going to mix it up a little and see what you get?
Catherine