Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fur the Haul of It and other rescues
I have decided to keep this one post even though this time it is a different dog rescue.

Sash-Mar Paws Helping Northern Dogs is a rescue started by one woman. She saves northern Manitoba dogs from culls by arranging to bring them to Winnipeg. She now needs volunteers to take a dog with them on a flight across Canada. You take your normal previously planned flight and take some dogs with you. 
In particular they need people to fly to Ottawa where Freedom Dog Rescue will meet them at the airport and take care of the dogs. Freedom Dog Rescue will arrange for them to be adopted.

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/winnipeg...-with-pups

I love the fact that people are working together on these rescues. Karen George connects with the dogs in need in Northern Manitoba. She saves their lives. Volunteers fly with them on their plane ticket (George pays for them). They are received at the other end by a rescue that is able to take in the dogs and find them homes. It takes the efforts of everyone to make this work, but it is worth it. The dogs are given a chance at life and it helps solve the northern stray problem humanely.

It makes me wonder how many other groups are out there that we haven't heard about.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fur the Haul of It and other rescues - by Catherine - 08-22-2019, 02:29 PM