Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toronto Raccoons moving in
Toronto Raccoons are affectionately known as Trash Pandas for their dedication to raiding Toronto garbage cans.
Now it seems they have been spotted moving into an apartment. The mama raccoon goes in first and then helps her babies to climb in. We already have a housing shortage. It is going to be tough if raccoons start grabbing the best accommodations.

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/on/toron...-now-video

It is pretty funny watching them climb in a window. They already know how to open cupboards and frigs. I bet they can handle water taps. I don't know about can openers. I would bet with a bit of practice they could use an electric can opener. Are they smart enough to figure out what is in the cans before they open them? Maybe.

So the name Trash Panda is going to need some upgrading.  I can't think of anything creative. Rental robbers, apartment absconders....I don't see that catching on.
One way or the other we will come up with something. There is one thing Toronto will always have is lots of Raccoons. Love them or hate them, they are our raccoons. Life would be dull without them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine